Friday 2 October 2015

Me Being Patriotic

Me being patriotic is not dressing up in all green
Matching round and drinking everything in bottles that comes in green
Me being Patriotic is reciting the two stanzas of the national anthem
Eating akpu for breakfast and lunch bole
Going to weddings dressed in my native attire
And not choking myself with a piece of tie
I may not take a bullet for mr. President
And our lawmakers I may not defend
Singing their praise every time they let a kobo slip off their greedy pockets
Streaming down to my little needy hands
All in the selfish name of empowerment
Me being patriotic is telling a corrupt police officer to go to hell
And taking down every good punch and slap that my face could felt
I'm happy we are 55 with our much achievements
At least those who distribute power were quick to cut it off
Before I could hear the good will message from Mr president
That's Patriotic of them if I can say
So I urge all Compatriots be quick to pour some palm wine and celebrate
Cause that's the true spirit of Patriotism

No comments:

Post a Comment