Thursday 28 July 2016

#SaveMayowa Burial Funds

Just two days ago I saw the picture of a young woman who would be in her twenties or so If I am not mistaking, she looked very sick and there is a message out their for people to donate for her treatment.
So I was trying to know what kind of sickness that could make one look so frailed but every message is just saying #savemayowa. It was later I saw one that says she has ovarian cancer.
Well just this afternoon a new post has surfaced from Linda Ikeji's Blog that it was a scam, the family knew she would die and they went ahead to raise money from good loving people.

Me on the other hand I just think that it's not as we see it, agreed the family knew she would die but the money was not for her treatment but burial or some sort.
Heard they raised about thirty million or so, the thing here is that burials are very expensive in Nigeria, it is more like a farewell party these days, so giving their beloved daughter a befitting burial is not such a bad idea after all and we should be grateful we contributed to that.

Now the only issue is that Nigerians as I know us won't comply to anymore donation to save a life, we can't let people scam us twice and if this is not looked into it will become a new hustle trust nigerians na..

Well let me just go and finish my bole and fish before it cold, since I don't have any other meaningful thing to do

No comments:

Post a Comment