Friday 2 September 2016

Slap Sticks

I have been hearing of uniformed  men giving incessant slaps to civilians but I have never experienced it first hand. Today a friend of mine received one so hot you can be able make eba from it.

We were sitting together at the veranda when one rickety looking police van stopped by and it's occupants jumped out like they saw the leader of boko haram lying about and it is their life opportunity of capturing him, we both watched in amazement as they approached us, pointing their long guns at us and commanding us to stand up at the same time. I kept mute looking at them and hoping their impromptu charade will just wear off soon so we can continue our gist.

One of the police men looked at us sternly and asked why we were laughing at them and my friend amused by the question gave a little chuckle and there it comes, the very thunder sango commanded was on his face from the palm of this police man, even me, I felt the sting of the slap in my veins and immediately I had goosebumps like bathing cold water in hammartan.

He wasn't through though but I managed to explain to him that I was just sharing a joke to my friend about a girl I met in the bus though stuttering, I couldn't tell why he believed me but he became calm and told us to be careful next time before matching back to their van.
I knew it wasn't funny but inside of me I almost died of laughter infact he went straight to his room and fell asleep and by the time he woke up his face is swollen and I could still feel the tribal marks the police man gave him from his palm.

I learnt my lesson never to laugh at mopol or I will end up with a self inflicted tattoo on my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment