Saturday 19 September 2015

Saraki's False Asset Declaration Saga

It was a nice idea having public office holders declare their assets publicly at least if not for any other reason just for transparency sake..

After the President and Vice President publicly declared their's I thought very much that the Senate President should be the next in line and I wasn't wrong about that, however on a second thought he shouldn't have, not because I think he was a corrupt governor but... actually I have no reason why I said so other than the former

Just after he felt he was being upright and went public with his wealth he was invited by the Code of Conduct Bureau for FALSE DECLARATION of ASSET (had to put that in caps so you know how serious it was)... Now one may ask if he doesn't know exactly what he's worth or because he has more than he can account for he couldn't really recall all

In my humble opinion which he wouldn't have listened to by the way I think he would have just like Nyesom Wike claim to have declared his asset privately to the authorities involved or rather pretend like he didn't know about asset declaration and just continue doing his business like every other Nigerian

Now I heard they want to arrest him for embezzlement of public funds as a state governor... If he had known he wouldn't have rushed into being the senate president at least nobody will be compelling him to declare any asset or he wouldn't have out of eye service go and declare his asset...

I'll just stop writing and wait for the next busy body politician who wouldn't check his means of wealth acquisition before going to declare his asset publicly or privately as some claims...

No comments:

Post a Comment