Saturday 12 September 2015

Wike's Private Declaration of Assets

Since the President and Vice President declared their assets publicly I have been hoping to see who will follow suite but quite unfortunate the governors are all bad followers...

It would have been easy to say we will eradicate corruption in Nigeria if we know how much money you have before assuming office, how much is your salary and other allowances, how much is the allocation you get and how much you will be worth after your term as a public service holder (I probably have said how much a lot)...

But funny enough everyone occupying public office is shying away from the topic, probably they've made plans to leave the office far richer than they came in by amassing wealth from public funds or some who have been public office holders before now may not be able to explain their investments and how it came about (its just me thinking sha)

My thought though could not be mistaken if the present governor of Rivers State have told the public that he has declared his assets privately, well I wouldn't say he has plans to loot public funds but if we can recall the amount of money he spent convincing people that he is the better candidate for the position then we can't just blame him for trying to recover his money back before he starts going public about his wealth.

But who wouldn't? If the Nigerian political system demands you to have a lot of money before you can vie for any top public office I mean spend a lot of money rather.. I don't think the declaration of assets publicly is necessary, I mean what if the president has more than two mud houses and he told us he has just two or the vice president is not as rich as he claimed to be but he needed to make the president look poor..

You see Mr. Wike sorry I beg your pardon Chief Barr. Wike or daddy Wiks as we call him made something clear that the declaration of assets publicly is not important as long as you can give your people the dividends of democracy and good governance, meaning no matter how much of public funds you steal as long as you can be able to deliver to your people you can be pardoned..

I just have said a lot on this and I haven't even declared mine but who cares if I have just one blackberry hand set that keeps me happy, no mud house any where, no land anywhere in Port harcourt at least me I'm sure of my own (if the president doesn't know where his land in port harcourt is) and uhm... Nothing further to add.

No comments:

Post a Comment